Oneglobal Broking based in the Netherlands is a new commercial specialty broker in the market with focus on the corporate market segment. It is an exciting time to join Oneglobal which as a business is constantly evolving and expanding. We encourage you to read more on our website and our linked-in page - www.oneglobalbroking.com/
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced marine broker to work with our newly formed team based in the Netherlands specialising in P&I, hull & machinery business on a permanent basis. This is a newly formed role and an exciting opportunity to be part of and shape Oneglobal’s growing international network of offices across the Netherlands and Europe.
Client facing risk placement broker. Supports the implementation of the strategic broking direction. Secures revenue opportunities and grows existing revenue. Provides advice to clients and involved in the development of products and programme design
- Leads the P&I and H&M brokers and explores new revenue opportunities and new markets
- Working in partnership with the property broking team to assist, identify client's needs and understand how to develop innovative and cost-effective solutions
- Where appropriate, engages with clients and prospects to provide feedback on the market outlook and be able to fully communicate our recommended broking strategy
- Takes ownership of insurer / placement related issues referred by client
- Provide advice on the most appropriate options offered by insurers and proactively intervenes where appropriate to provide better solutions.
- Monitoring the quality of submissions and provides advice on improvement to support broking results
- Provides guidance on insurer differentiators & actively shares relevant information relating to the insurance market
- Participates in team collaboration approach to clients and markets to achieve outstanding service and client satisfaction
- Ensure client service delivery is continuously reviewed and help identify efficiencies to achieve optimal client satisfaction
- Working towards a trusted advisor to clients, on all elements of property risk management
- Ensure the preparation and production of necessary account and programme documentation is dealt with within a timely manner
Skills & Knowledge:
As a broker your skills and qualifications will include:
- Knowledge of commercial insurance market practice and technical matters with hands-on experience working within the Netherlands and in supporting the development of property business
- Good working knowledge of the property and business interruption markets and products with an understanding to how to adapt these to match client needs
- Strong team player, who can work closely with immediate team and who inspires the trust and respect of colleagues and key stakeholders
- Strong negotiating and influencing skills with effective communication and presentation skills.
- The ability to understand, analyse and dissect existing insurance arrangements and to share viable alternatives to the benefit of the client and organization
- Demonstrate a good technical working knowledge of the property market dynamics and how these impact existing and potential clients
- Committed to continuous improvement and to adopting new working practices to raise standards of quality and efficiency
- Self–motivated, driven and desire to continue to develop market knowledge and personal skills
- Certified Wft-PE ; (Adviseur Schadeverzekering Basis, Zakelijk and Particulier) or studying towards these
- Strong skills in written and verbal communication, and analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills required
- Strong interpersonal skills – able to communicate well across organisational levels
- Project Management Skills
- Customer Focus and focus on service excellence
Salary and Benefits:
This role offers a competitive salary, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday, and car allowance and more. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
Our Team Experience:
Every day, you and your colleagues will make a difference, while working with the best to achieve the best for our clients. We are one team, one P&L within a flat organisation, driving to win business as a team, have fun and celebrate success together. This unifying goal is at the heart of our identity, and it lives in everything we do.
Please click the `Apply Now` to share your current CV and one step closer to a new career opportunity.
Oneglobal Broking is an equal opportunities employer and is totally committed to the principle of equality, and to establishing and maintaining a working environment in which all employees are treated with dignity and respect, and all forms of unlawful discrimination are opposed.
This profile is a summary of the typical accountabilities of the role and is not intended as an exhaustive list of all possible responsibilities, tasks and duties that may from time to time be required in the role.